Monday, May 31, 2010

Brave New World

Hold onto your hats. I'm doing something I've only dreamed of, why, I'm doing something that couch potatoes around the world dream of. I am writing this blog with a small laptop (netbook, I think) on my lap, as I relax on the couch in front of the TV. Yes, I can be a couch potato (a role I was born to) AND spend time on the computer SIMULTANEOUSLY. I know what you're thinking. This is nothing special; people have been doing this for years. You are correct. But this is a new world for me. I have my cumbersome desktop computer lodged stodgily on my desk upstairs. One old computer upstairs. One television downstairs. Once upon a time (the day before yesterday) I had to make a choice. I could check my email OR watch "Glee." I could check on my friends' status updates on FB OR watch "Big Bang Theory." I could play a game of Spider Solitaire OR watch "Lost." Now I can do it all! No more choosing between my many recreational activities that involve as little aerobic exercise as possible (except my fingers, baby; they are busy typing on this wee and wonderful keyboard!).

Right now, I'm watching the Dodger game as I giddily type. I don't think life can get much better than this.

There is a dark side to this wonderful new world. This computer is just a loan; Gina was kind enough to let me use this delightful device for the summer. At the end of August, Gina will wrest this tantalizing technology from my hands. The horror, the horror.

1 comment:

  1. lol--Oh my gosh, Mac! Did I just help eliminate your LAST aerobic activity? That is, going up and down the stairs between your anaerobic activities? Glad to help!

    ReplyDelete