Monday, May 17, 2010

Appealing revision

First--GOOD FOR YOU, MARJORIE! (that's me jumping up and down and cheering)

I knew you could do it! Now that wasn't so hard, was it?

Let me preface this by saying that I had written this whole blog post, and then when I clicked on the publish button, I lost everything to my on-again-off-again router ("you are not connected to the Internet"---arghhhh!). So here I go trying to reproduce some spontaneity. I'm saving it in a Word document first, though. Don't test the gods--I'm not sure they like me anyway.

My first thought was, who are these "Portable Elephants" and how were they able to commandeer Marjorie's email to invite me to be a blogger? Oh, yeahhhh....it all came back. Of course, Portable Elephants is absolutely perfect, and as usual you came up with it. You are so cute and clever! But that's your job, isn't it?

The seeming randomness of portable elephants reminded me of other randomly put together phrases, like rumble fish. I decided to come up with more examples using a noun and verb generator online. Here's what Mr. Internet and I created:

Crying courtesy: I suppose the opposite of crying shame
Oscillating homesickness: I'm having fun...wait, I miss my mommy...wow look at that!...wahh!
Crooked psychiatry: redundant
Clumsy openness: my favorite kind
Chipped curfew: kind of like chipped beef, it's when you come in a few minutes late and it's really good on sourdough toast
....and my favorite,
Appealing revision: what this blog will probably never experience.

Anyway these phrases are completely random but seem to carry so much more meaning than portable elephants, which seems much more random but actually has more meaning. I just wanted to say that Portable Elephants is perfect. Seems random, but has meaning (more taste, less filling?).

Oh and thank you for all those embarrassing kind words. I wasn't planning on saying anything nice about you--I'm saving that for my other blog which nobody will read.

And now? I'm not watching Friends. I am watching House. And I should go 'cause I'm working on another blog. And maybe saying some nice things about you.

:^)

No comments:

Post a Comment